About the Program

The Arts & Consciousness mentorship program at John F. Kennedy University provides a transdisciplinary model for self-directed students to investigate, research and develop specialized techniques, skills and capacities in conjunction with a creative practice or project. Mentorships may include experiential exercises, supervised research, assigned readings, studio visits, critiques and/or individualized training, as determined by the student's artistic and/or professional objectives.

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Creating a Retreat- Mentorship with Robbyn Alexander

by Megan Carlock

The goal of this mentorship was to make an initial inquiry and do research supporting the development and feasibility of producing and facilitating transformative art retreats. I spent much of my time for this mentorship researching possible retreat locations in the North Bay, where I live, and gathering information about costs, accommodations, and amenities offered at these retreat centers. I have compiled a resource list of these facilities and what they offer for future reference. I spent the remainder of my time beginning to investigate business ideas that would support my facilitation of transformative arts retreats as well as other opportunities that would help me develop my facilitation skills and business model.